Posted by Serhiy Hryva, Last modified by John McDonald on 17 February 2011 05:45 PM
Software/Services For cPanel version 11.28
The following documents describe the features located in the cPanel Software/Services box.
- CGI Center — Short for “Common Gateway Interface,” CGI lets a web server run pieces of software called scripts. cPanel’s CGI Center provides CGI scripts that can do many useful things for your website, like create a guestbook, clock, hit counter, countdown clock, and banner ads.
- Site Software — This interface allows you to add useful software to your website. Your web host controls what software is available.
- PHP Configuration — This feature allows you to view specific information about your server's PHP configuration. We have PHP4 and PHP5 available the default is PHP4. If the customer needs PHP 5 you can change it in PHP Configuration.
- Perl Modules — This feature provides an interface for you to add and manage Perl modules.
- Optimize Website — This feature can automatically compress content on your website, when that content is requested by visitors.
- Ruby on Rails — This document covers how to create and deploy a Ruby on Rails application.
- RubyGems — This feature is a package manager for the Ruby programming language that provides a standard format for distributing Ruby programs and libraries (in a self-contained format called a "gem"), a tool designed to easily manage the installation of gems, and a server for distributing them.