Publishing your site with Frontpage
Posted by Serhiy Hryva on 31 January 2011 06:33 PM
Note: If you are planning on
using Microsoft™'s FrontPage as the web-development tool for your site, you
will first need to Enable Frontpage Extensions via your control
FrontPage has a built-in "Publish" utility that makes it easy to upload your files to the server. Here's how it works in FrontPage 2000. (For other versions, the procedure should be similar; consult FrontPage's help section for specifics.)
1. Open your web in FrontPage.
2. On the File menu, click Publish Web.
3. Click Options to expand the list of options. If you have subwebs to publish, select the "Include subwebs" check box.
4. In the "Specify the location to publish your web to" box, type http://your_domain.com (If your domain has not yet propagated, you can type your IP address instead of your domain name.) After you have published your site for the first time, this will appear without you having to retype it.
5. Click Publish.
6. FrontPage will prompt you for your use name and password. Use the user name and password we sent you in your "Welcome to WebNet Hosting" letter. This is case sensitive, so type it exactly or copy and paste it. FrontPage will then publish your web.
7. To verify that your web was successfully published, click the hyperlink that is displayed after the web has been published and your Web browser will open to the site you just published.